Mittwoch, 14. September 2016

- Hedgehogs in the birch forest -

Fall is approaching and I very much love that season because it's (usually) not as hot as in summer (I don't like the heat) and most of all because I love when the colors of the leaves turn into deep orange and red, that looks just so beautiful.

I also love hedgehogs and therefore I made a card combining the cute "BB Happy Hedgehogs" from MFT stamps with those beautiful colors of fall.

For my card I created a die cut inlay background, a technique for which I found the description in this post. It was my first attempt in this technique and I'm quite satisfied with the result. I used the distress ink pads "mustard seed", "wild honey", "rusty hinge" and "ripe persimmon" to get that bright background. I cut out the hedgehogs and the mushrooms and fixed them with dimensionals on the card. The sentiment is from the same stamp set and I stamped it on the smallest of the stitched die-namics ovals.

Stamps: MFT "Happy Hedgehogs"
Dies: MFT "Die-namics Birch Trees", MFT "Die-namics Stitched Oval STAX"
Ink pads: Versafine "Onyx Black", various distress ink pads (see above)
Coloration: Distress ink pads
Other: water color paper, cardstock, dimensionals

With this card I participate in the "2016 Card Design Superstar Card Contest" of MFT stamps.
 

There is a HUGE prize to win: a $250 gift voucher from My Favourite Things! That is, of course, very tempting, but above all it was great fun for me to make this card. I just love those cute hedgehogs.

I never participated in MFT's card contest before, but I think there is a first time to everything, isn't it?

8 Kommentare:

  1. Total süße Karte, Carola und der Hintergrund ist total schön. Die Karte leuchtet richtig !

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I just love these hedgehogs and the autumnal feel of this card. Good luck on the challenge!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. So eine süsse Karte! Die warmen Herbstfarben sind einfach toll. Hach, wieder ein paar Stempel mehr auf meiner Wunschliste...das nimmt wohl nie ein Ende. ;-)
    Liebe Grüsse
    Anja

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Was eine stimmungsvolle Herbstkarte. Gefällt mir sehr gut und die kleinen Igel harmonieren hervoragend mit den Birken. Ich finde du hast Chancen auf einen Gewinn ;O))
    Schönes Wochenende
    Marita

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Die Igelchen sind ja nur süß und mit dem Schal drumrum ein echter Hingucker!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Eine bezaubernde Herbstkarte, liebe Carola. Diese beiden Igelchen sind zu knuffig und der Hintergrund ist der Hammer, einfach genial.

    Sonnige Grüße
    von Anke

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. So schön! Und die Igel sind einfach sooo niedlich, die brauche ich auch noch! Ich drücke dir ganz feste die Daumen für den Contest :)

    Liebe Grüße
    von Jay Jay

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Liebe Carola, da passt wieder alles so super schön zusammen, eine richtig tolle Herbstkarte!

    Liebe Grüße -

    Annette

    AntwortenLöschen

Hinweis: Mit der Nutzung der Kommentarfunktion erklärst Du Dich mit der Speicherung und Verarbeitung Deiner Daten durch diese Website einverstanden.